MS T-Byrd IMAGE GALLERY
"A respectfully re-engineered classic, resulting in an all-rounder that will especially appeal to the roots and country crowd" Steve Henderson, Guitarist Magazine. From John Butler to Joe Walsh, the MS-T-Byrd is a favourite amongst some of the finest players in the world.
First produced in 1958 as a response to a growing musical trend called rock ‘n’ roll, the Mastersounds soon found their way into the hands of local and international musicians (most notably, George Harrison, the Kinks and our own Emmanuel brothers).
The T-Byrd, represents yet another option for the musician searching for something a little different. T- style bridge and bridge pickup complemented by a T- style control plate with volume, tone and a 3-way. The front pickup is a Lollar “Charlie Christian” single coil.
The rock maple neck, features a soft D profile and a tapered headstock The taper also creates a more even string tension across the set, improving the feel across the fretboard. The neck is rock maple neck with a separate maple board. The T-BYRD’s body, silver silkwood with a rock maple cap, is solid enough to handle the toughest road trip without being to heavy.
The MS T-Byrd is a time machine with a modern attitude.
- Model: MST-Byrd
- Shape: Chambered
- Body: Chambered Quandong With Rock Maple Cap
- Binding: White ABS
- Neck: Rock Maple (Bolt on Neck)
- Fingerboard: Rock Maple
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Black Dots
- Fret Size: Jumbo Jim Dunlop 6130
- Number of Frets: 22
- Machine Heads: Grover Mini Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 42 mm
- Bridge Pickup: Lollar Special T Series
- Neck Pickup: Lollar Charlie Christian
- Bridge/Saddle: Wilkinson Compensated T style Bridge (Brass Saddles)
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Controls: Vol 1. (Master), Tone 1. (Master)
- Finish Body: UV Gloss
- Finish Neck: Natural Satin
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 10-46
- Standard Colours: Ghost white, Ghost Black or Tobacco Sunburst
- Features Summary: Chambered Body, Maton Sound Hole, T-Byrd Headstock
- Case: Maton Hardcase
RELATED INSTRUMENTS: MS T-Byrd