How to protect your guitar this summer.
Comment Total : 0
Right now Australia is sweltering under some of the hottest, driest conditions on record. While you’re escaping from the heat, keeping the blinds drawn, lounging round the pool and trying to keep out of the sun, spare a thought for your guitar.
If you follow these simple guidelines your guitar should survive these summer time blues.
· Do not leave your guitar in a case in a closed car on a hot day, even in the car boot.
· Do not leave your guitar exposed to direct sunlight for any length of time, even through a closed window.
· While travelling make sure your guitar case is protected from the sun by a blanket or some other insulating cover.
· Purchase a humidifier from your dealer and follow the instructions on the packet if storing your guitar for an extended period.
· If you avoid leaving your guitar in conditions you would find uncomfortable your is unlikely to develop any significant problems.
The last thing to be aware of is that even when you take all the above steps, the wood of your guitar will respond to dry conditions by shrinking a little across the grain. This may result in a lower action, slightly protruding fret ends and some unusual buzzes. These usually correct themselves once conditions return to normal.
And the best way to look after your guitar over summer……..Play it a lot!
Click on the links below to read more related MATON content.
Be the first person to Comment!
George Harrison’s $485,000 Maton
A Maton Mastersound MS500 electric guitar, authenticated to have been played by George Harrison during a series of concerts by the just...
AN EVENING WITH TOMMY EMMANUEL
“One of the greatest players on the planet” – Chet Atkins “The best (guitar player) I’ve ever seen” – Eric Clapton Australian guitar...
Music China 2014
Music China 2014...
Behind the Magical Tone Code of the SRS808.
For some time now at Maton we have been looking for ways to improve the acoustic performance of our 808 series of smaller...
The New Mahogany Mini
The New Mahogany Mini. The solid sapele face, back and sides produce a rich, warm tone while the ebony fingerboard and bridge...