How to protect your guitar this summer.
Comment Total : 0
Right now Australia is sweltering under some of the hottest, driest conditions on record. While you’re escaping from the heat, keeping the blinds drawn, lounging round the pool and trying to keep out of the sun, spare a thought for your guitar.
If you follow these simple guidelines your guitar should survive these summer time blues.
· Do not leave your guitar in a case in a closed car on a hot day, even in the car boot.
· Do not leave your guitar exposed to direct sunlight for any length of time, even through a closed window.
· While travelling make sure your guitar case is protected from the sun by a blanket or some other insulating cover.
· Purchase a humidifier from your dealer and follow the instructions on the packet if storing your guitar for an extended period.
· If you avoid leaving your guitar in conditions you would find uncomfortable your is unlikely to develop any significant problems.
The last thing to be aware of is that even when you take all the above steps, the wood of your guitar will respond to dry conditions by shrinking a little across the grain. This may result in a lower action, slightly protruding fret ends and some unusual buzzes. These usually correct themselves once conditions return to normal.
And the best way to look after your guitar over summer……..Play it a lot!
Click on the links below to read more related MATON content.
Be the first person to Comment!
BMW M Series Custom guitar
40 Years of M...
The journey to AP5-Pro….
Ian Robinson’s Diary. Follow Ian Robinson on his journey of discovery as he works his way towards the holy grail of...
The Lone Pine Guitar
An Instrument of peace to honour nation's fallen. ...
The Maton Shop
The Maton Online Store...
The Maton Museum
The Maton Museum is Back In Beta!...